Nightly's Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Combat RP ~ Run by Tim ~

4 posters

Go down

Combat RP ~ Run by Tim ~ Empty Combat RP ~ Run by Tim ~

Post  Timhortans Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 am

Combat Training Arena *Nom's Plagiarism Rules*

Welcome all RPers to the Combat Lesson! In this lesson, you will learn the basics of fighting, and your fighting skills will be refined to RP shape. I(And Probably Nightly ^^) will be critiquing your posts. The goal here is for you to improve your combat skills so you can check that off your "To Be Accepted" list.

I'm sure many of you signed up for Superjars RP, Spring Tournament. If you are, I recommend using the same character from that RP in this one. If you aren't, than make a new bio!

So, on the Topic of Bios. I want two things to be refined in your bios. Please include the following section-

Code:
[b]Defect(s)-[/b]
This will be the section where you put a defect your character has. Since you are an artifical life form, you will all have a small Defect(Or not so small. The bigger, the harder it is to RP with, but the more rewarding it is to master) For example, Meagan is a Psychopath.

And Take out the history Section. BURN IT TO THE GROUND!!!

So, now that's out of the way.

Setting- The evil genious and psychopath, Nightly VanEvilStein(teehee) has accomplished his greatest feat. He has created life. But not just any life. He has created a bunch of killing machines. You are one of those killing machines. Emerging from a pod filled with a strange fog like gas, you find yourself in an arena. You notice a sign on your chest, with a number. Somebody else has the same number as you. You find them, and your programming starts up. You instantly warp to a lone area in the gigantic Arena, miles away from anyone else, and fight a duel. The point of this is to find the strongest of all the different killing machines, and use him for total AEF domination.

By the by, if you die, you are simply repaired and put back in the arena.

So there, you know whats going on. You are an artificial life from, designed to kill. You have all the emotions a normal person does, but you know that your only real purpose is to kill your partner. The last one standing wins, but he also loses. Because he/she is the lone RPer who has not graduated from this Lesson. Oh Noes.

When the tutors have decided you know how to fight as well as you need to, you will automatically win the fight, by some random feat. Just because ;D After that, you are free to leave this Lesson and return to freedom. Oh yeah, that reminds me *Locks door*

Okay, so, in case you aren't familiar with the rules, here they are, accompanied by some of my personal rules and additions.

[center]Rule #4: Follow the conventions of good roleplay. Work with your fellow RPers and absolutely NO bunnying, godmodding, or metagaming, especially in combat!

• Godmodding is cheating the system of RP so that your character comes out either without a scratch or with absolute advantage in any situation. This is typically done without conversing with the RP's owner, and ignores their authority to control the situation of their RP. Examples: Unapproved one-shot kills, 'effortless' combat with NPCs, acting with total invulnerability to the actions of NPCs or other Player Characters.

• Bunnying is taking control of characters when you do not have the authority to do so, and acting contrary to what their real owners would have them do. Unless you have direct permission from the owner of the character, you cannot control them. This is especially true in combat, where you cannot decide if your attacks hit.

• Metagaming involves using applying Out-of-Character knowledge of a situation to your character's benefit. This is not always intended, but does not change the fact that the advantage is noticeabe and generally unfitting with what the character would have done based on in-character knowledge and reactions. If you keep the distinction between what you know and what your character knows, this is easy to avoid.

List of Characters and their Match Description:

Meagan vs.

I believe that is it... So yeah ;D

Timhortans

Back to top Go down

Combat RP ~ Run by Tim ~ Empty Re: Combat RP ~ Run by Tim ~

Post  poisonvenomskull Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 am

*Busts down door*

I'll join later.

*Leaves*
poisonvenomskull
poisonvenomskull

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightly Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:40 am

/Noms a Tim.

No critiquing for ju!

Nightly
Admin

http://academy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Timhortans Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 am

T.T Anyhoo, I'll wait for two people to post bio's here(DOO EET NAO!) and than post the IC.

Timhortans

Back to top Go down

Post  Timhortans Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 am

*Uber Bump and Rawrs*

Post pplz, Post!!! I'm waiting for two bios, and than I'll start

Timhortans

Back to top Go down

Post  the bracken bard Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 pm

Can I use this guy?
Name: Gideon Rogatea
Weight: Quite lightweight for a human, though he still has muscle enough.
Height: He is slightly shorter than a normal human being.
Race: Human
Appearance: A gruff man that looks younger than he actually is; his hair is dark gold and his eyes are a hazel brown.
Clothes/Armor: He has the ripped uniform of a Technomancer; a large assortment of belts are at his waist, though one in particular stands out as it has the the insignia of a metal fist on it.
His armour is more limited, only straps of metal are on him, and they only protect his vitals.
Weapons: He wields two Technomancer gauntlets on both his hands.
Spells/Abilities: Whilst he is able to use Technomancer basics such as the stunning Drill, powerful shield and energy cannon, he is capable of other radically different attacks such as firing an energy chain that can grapple onto anything, as well as firing a bolt of lightning from his hands.
As a fighter, he is well practiced in close combat, his main weapons being his fisticuffs. He has great stamina, though has little durability and is crushed quite easily by a strong blow.
Defects: He often tries to use foresight and predictability in his attacks, so he is often taken off-guard when one of his "predictions" are wrong e.g underestimating an opponents endurance or stamina.
Personality: Gruff, take no chances, prepare for the worse. But judges people too much, and is very overconfident in his abilities.
the bracken bard
the bracken bard

Back to top Go down

Post  Timhortans Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 am

*Nods several times*

Hmmm... That seems fine, soo... Yupp, You're in. I'll wait two more days for another bio, and if there is none, I'll be your opponent.

Timhortans

Back to top Go down

Post  the bracken bard Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Oh noez! D: I just realized I haven't done any combat in an RP before.
the bracken bard
the bracken bard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum